How does coaching work?
There's you, and there is your business.
I have two, separate, proven processes that focus on each: The Business Optimizer Process, and The Personal Performance Process.
The Coach Cam Business Optimizer Process
Why do so many small businesses fail?
The founder or owner assumes that because they know how to do a certain kind of work, they can run a business that does that work.
“I can make pies, therefore I can open and run a successful pie shop.”
“I know how to fix cars, therefore I can open and run a successful mechanic’s shop.”
“I’m can consult, therefore I can open an run a successful consulting business.”
(I know this reality firsthand, because I made this mistake for almost three years.)
Unfortunately this assumption is dead wrong. Doing the work of making pies and fixing cars and consulting is only one piece of a much larger picture.
Running an exceptional business is a beast of its own. Thankfully, the answer—a holistic, time-tested, proven system—is right at your fingertips.
If you don’t take a holistic approach, one missing link can make all the difference. What good is a brand new Ford Mustang if it doesn’t have lug nuts or gasoline?
I take a holistic approach to your small business. It’s adapted from the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) found in Traction. Here's the model upon which the process is built:
To the extent that you can strengthen these six key components, you can build an incredible, well-oiled, unstoppable business.
- Vision – Do you have a clear short- and long-term vision for your company? Is it revisited and updated regularly?
- Data – Are you tracking and acting upon predictive, influenceable numbers that lead to your goal?
- Process – How do you provide value to your customers? Are those processes documented and consistently followed by everyone?
- Traction – Are you focused on 1 or 2 wildly important goals or are you trying to boil the ocean? Are you being held accountable to what you say you’ll do?
- Issues – Are you consistently solving big hairy, and small annoying problems that get in your way?
- People – Do you have the right people in the right seats? If you’re a solopreneur, are you self-aware enough to know your areas of talents and blind spots?
My process takes a few core tools from the EOS system, and adapts them to small businesses like you—solo-entrepreneurs and companies of 5 people or less.
What, specifically, does the process look like?
Click here to take a peek inside.
Exciting isn't it?
I am serious about this process and I’ve seen it work, both for myself and for my clients, time and time again. There is a great deal of theory behind this process, and if you’re curious about looking into it more deeply, explore the following books: Essentialism, Traction, The E-Myth, The Four Disciplines of Execution, The Power of Habit, and Strengths-Based Leadership.
Are you ready to take action?
Get yourself Traction, download the tools, and begin coaching yourself now
Or head over here to see if we're a good fit.
The Coach Cam Personal Performance Process
What does it take to create a happy, fulfilling, and meaningful life?
Plenty of smart people have been asking this question and studying it for years. They've uncovered that:
When you study the lives of happy, fulfilled people, patterns emerge. Those patterns point to a hidden structure that, once understood, can be leveraged to create a remarkable life.
Human life is abstract, which makes it frustratingly difficult to navigate. But when we have a structure or framework, not only can we troubleshoot our lives, but we can design remarkable lives from the ground up.
So what is that hidden structure?
People are like plants. Happiness, meaning, fulfillment, are not things you can achieve directly. Instead, you have to get the conditions right, and happiness will result as a byproduct. Would an illustration help? Here you go:
- Love - How do you consistently invest romantic, familial, and friendship relationships? Are those relationships a source of
- Work - Is your work a means to an end or an end in itself? If you're an entrepreneur, does your business have an operating system?
- Connection to something greater - What purpose, cause or passion are you serving? The most common are faith, family, or community.
- Mind - Is your mind serving you or sabotaging you? What is your strategy for curbing self-sabotage?
- Self-Care - What systems do you have in place to operate at peak physical and mental performance? Do you follow them?
- Money - What kind of relationship do you have with money?
The personal performance process takes this model and animates it with a few core tools.
Vision. Most people live life by default, not by design. What kind of life are you creating for yourself? How will your business compliment the kind of life you want to live?
Self-Awareness. What are your areas of inborn talent, and how well have you developed them? What are the shadow-sides of your strengths? What are your blindspots and how do you manage around those?
Ideal Week. Do you know exactly what you should be doing, when, and for how long? Is your weekly rhythm designed to
Self-Sabotage. How do you self-sabotage? What's your strategy to curb self-sabotage? It's not a matter of whether or not you self-sabotage, but how much.
Happiness Intervention. “Becoming happier [...] will not only make a person feel better but will also boost his or her energy, creativity, and immune system, foster better relationships, fuel higher productivity at work, and even lead to a longer life,” says Sonja Lyubomirsky in The How of Happiness. Believe it or not, all the research, all the information you need to become lastingly happier is at your fingertips. In this step, we'll leverage it.
Exciting, isn't it?
But don’t wait for me.
Click here to start coaching yourself now.
Or, go here to see if we're a good fit.
Your remarkable life at your fingertips. How badly do you want it?